The Premier Pond Company
When it comes to building a pond in your yard, it’s actually a very intimate experience. You’re inviting someone into your home to build you a piece of paradise! Over here at Premier, we know what it’s like to work with trade companies in all industries because we’ve all had them over our house.
Here is what Mrs. Schulenburg had to say about finding the right pond company:
Whether it’s a plumber, electrician, painter, etc. we all need contractors at the end of the day that are at your house to help with something.
So when it’s time to find that pond company to build your piece of paradise, here are 3 things to think about.
What does a website say about a company?
We all know the saying “don’t judge a book by it’s cover,” right? Well we all do this external judging to a certain extent, and the world wide web is no exception. If you’re about to spend a large amount of money on a service, go through the companies website. Here are some things that people generally like to look for:
- The overview of the process.
- This can provide transparency into what working with that company is like. I bet you can count on one hand how many times you’ve gone into a situation where you actually favored going in blind.
- The crew that you’re about to invite over.
- With so much craziness in the world, trust is one of those things that can go a long way. Wouldn’t you want to “meet” them before they show up?
- The price of the service you’re going to inquire about.
- You’re more likely to go to a restaurant after looking at their menu online! If that menu has prices on it, at least you know if you’re in the ballpark for wanting to eat there. So if you ask yourself, “how much does a pond cost,” wouldn’t you want to know that up front?
Look at the various Pond Companies reviews
This is where the whacky world of Yelp comes in. Do a search of their online reviews to see what others are saying about them!
- Do they only have 3 total reviews?
- Are they getting some unfavorable reviews coming in?
- How many different review sites are they on?
We also like to get references. For example, before we decided to get a new website done for Premier Ponds, we checked the website company’s references. This wasn’t necessarily to see if we were going to get nickel and dimed but we just wanted to see what it was like to work with that company.
Reviews can tell a lot about a company and in the ever-increasing world of online transparency, it’s getting easier to see what a company is all about.
Give them a call!
Do this the good old fashioned way. People are starting to enjoy hiding behind their email, and contractors are no exception to this rule. The easiest way to determine if a company is a good fit for you is to have an actual conversation. Some things we like to consider before going with a contractor:
- Did they answer the phone/call us back in an appropriate timeframe?
- Were they pretty open and honest?
- What sort of expectations did they set so we’re both on the same page?
At the end of the day, you need to make sure that who you’ll be inviting into your home is the right person for you. We all hate it when our cable company tells us that they’ll hopefully be here tomorrow between 8am and 5pm, so make sure you find that company that’s different.
Want more information on us or any other pond company around the Washington DC, Maryland or Northern Virgina? Just ask us. We’re all pretty good friends and everyone brings something a bit different to the table so we have no problem telling you a competitor of ours might be a better fit!