Spring Pond Maintenance
Spring Pond maintenance is a much needed service after a cold winter in the northeast. This spring cleaning will ensure your ecosystem pond is healthy and looking great for the warm summer months. Premier offers two levels of spring pond maintenance: A full pond cleaning and a partial pond cleaning.
The Full Pond Cleaning Includes:
- Draining the pond down to six inches in depth.
- Removing the fish and placing them in large containers with original pond water.
- Draining the remainder of pond and power washing the pond, stream and waterfall.
- Removing debris from the pond bottom.
- Cleaning all filter pads, bioballs, biofall unit, skimmer and pump as needed.
- Cleaning all light lenses and inspecting for burned out bulbs.
- Making necessary minor adjustments to rocks if needed.
- Trim off dead plant material (fertilizing / repotting plants upon request).
- Adding a dechlorinator if needed and start the filling the pond again.
- Re-introducing the fish into the pond.
The Partial Cleaning Includes:
- Removing and cleaning all filter pads, bioballs, and nets or baskets.
- Completely draining and vacuuming the biofalls.
- Re-installing all the above and restarting the pond.
- Installation of activated carbon and barley bails (additional fee).
See the video below for a full pond cleaning: